Welcome to DOMESTIC TOURISM PHILIPPINES!
This is a blogsite created by some students of University of the Philippines - Asian Institute of Tourism. From the usual class reporting, we are bringing out the students' research on Domestic Tourism. Feel free to read and make comments. Let us know how we can improve this site.

NCR (1) (2) (3) (4) | CAR (1) (2) (3) | Region I (1) | Region II (1) (2) | Region III (1) (2) (3) | Region IV-A (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) | Region IV - B (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) | Region V (1) (2) (3) (4) | Region VI (1) (2) (3) | Region VII (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) | Region VIII | Region IX | Region X (1) | Region XI (1) | Region XII (1) | Region XIII (1) (2) | ARMM (1) (2)

Nov 9, 2014

Shop 'til you drop in Region 5!

Every time I see the word "shopping" I automatically feel giddy and happy, so much that my wallpaper says "Keep Calm and Go Shopping" so I know I'll have a good time writing this post! :)

Whenever I go on a trip to a tourist destination, I make sure I leave with souvenirs with me. At least I have a concrete memorabilia from the place, not just pictures. Also, as a tourism major, I know how badly the locals need money from the tourists (hello, multiplier effect!)

 Sili Key chain
Image Source: lakadpilipinas.com
When you hear the word "Bicol" you will most likely associate it with "Bicol Express", right? Or is it just me? Haha. Anyway, since Bicol is the land of the spicy (Yup, totally made that up!) they embraced their label and lived up to it even on souvenirs. If Baguio has the famous Barrel Man, Bicolanos have their Sili Key chains!

No comments:

Post a Comment